Welcome to my new website!
The birth of the idea for this site came in 2017 when I decided it was time to invest in some new camera gear. I had recently taken a job at a new airline where I was routinely flying around the world and it seemed almost wasteful to not bring my camera to document what I was seeing. In order to forge a commitment to using my new, very expensive camera, I decided to post one photo per day on Instagram in 2018. Somewhere during the middle of the year, I realized the irony of what I was doing. Here I had bought this new 42 megapixel camera and was posting the photos solely on a social media site where they would be displayed on mobile devices at a size no greater than a couple of inches. This site will be a place where I can upload images to be displayed full screen, regardless of the viewing device. I’ll keep the home page fresh with some of my recent favorites, and also have an area called “stories” where I will use photography and video to tell the stories of my life.
I hope you enjoy the site! If you’re interested in the occasional email from me with photo and story updates, please subscribe below. And check back soon for more updates!
- Jun 1, 2019 May 2019 - Top 5 photos Jun 1, 2019
- May 1, 2019 April 2019 - Top 5 photos May 1, 2019
- Apr 1, 2019 March 2019 - Top 5 photos Apr 1, 2019
- Mar 1, 2019 February 2019 - Top 5 photos Mar 1, 2019
- February 2019
- Jan 19, 2019 Pictures of people taking pictures Jan 19, 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 What I learned from a year of daily Instagram posting Jan 3, 2019
- December 2018
- March 2018
- Jan 1, 2018 Sailing the British Virgin Islands Jan 1, 2018